Four Phases Before Sundaown

Verse 1 – Keter (Morning / Awakening)

I wake up stirred by a whisper I can’t name
Coffee still brewing, heart already in flame
Didn’t ask for this pull, didn’t plan this call
Something inside says, “Get up — that’s all”

The light comes first, no question, no why
Just a tap on the soul as the day goes by
No merit, no effort, no crown on my head
Just breath in my chest and a path ahead


Verse 2 – Chokhmah (Early Day / Inspiration)

I feel it rush in, I’m alive and I’m strong
Everything’s clear, nothing feels wrong
The lesson hits hard, the friends feel close
I swear to myself, “This time I’ll coast”

I want it all, every spark, every taste
Fill me up fast, don’t let it go to waste
But the more I receive, the less I can see
This light ain’t mine — it’s carrying me


Verse 3 – Binah (Midday / Resistance)

Then comes the weight, like a hand on my chest
Suddenly stopping, suddenly rest
I don’t wanna take, I don’t wanna lie
If He’s the Giver — then who am I?

I pull back hard, build walls in my mind
Trying to resemble, trying to align
Feels like retreat, feels cold and thin
But this is restraint learning how to begin


Chorus – The Ten (Anchor)

It ain’t my strength, it ain’t my plan
I fall apart till I reach for the Ten
When the light burns hot or the day goes dim
I don’t walk alone — I walk with them

From morning fire to midnight cry
We hold the line when the ego lies
If I can’t stand, they lend me sight
The Ten turns darkness into light


Verse 4 – Zeir Anpin (Afternoon / Choice)

Now I move dry, no song in my feet
Still showin’ up, still takin’ a seat
No sweet reward, no holy thrill
Just doin’ the work against my will

I think of the friends, not how I feel
That thought alone makes something real
This ain’t desire, this ain’t grace
This is direction holdin’ its place


Verse 5 – Malchut (Evening / Ego Exposed)

By sundown hits, the truth stands tall
I want it all — control, light, all
Envy and pride come out to play
Every ugly thought earned its say

I see who I am when the shine is gone
Every excuse I’ve been leanin’ on
No mask survives the end of the day
Just a broken want that learned how to pray


Final Chorus – Prayer

It ain’t fix me, save me, make me right
It’s bind our hearts through this night
Take all this want I can’t defend
And turn it into love for the Ten

From Keter’s call to Malchut’s plea
You wrote this whole damn day in me
If I fall apart, then so be it then
Break me open — connect us — Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.
as a poet my aim is to raise an emotion
did it?
Thank You for visiting

Because You Led Us to Them

  Because You Led Us to Them Creator, how could we ever repay The ones You placed along our way? When we were sleeping, deaf and blind, You ...