SHECHINA IN EXILE
(The Dust)
The Light never changed,
It never withdrew,
The Dweller still waits
For the vessel made new.
The heart was created
A dwelling to be,
A place for His glory,
A place He could see.
But look what we filled it with—
Garbage and lust,
Leaving the Shechina
Alone in the dust.
We traded the holy
For pleasures that rust,
Then wondered why heaven
Was hidden from us.
Shechina in exile,
Shechina brought low,
Waiting inside us
For somewhere to go.
So clean out the heart,
Raise love above lust,
Give Him a dwelling—
Raise Her from the dust.
Not for what I can take,
Not for what I receive,
But to give Him contentment
In all that I breathe.
Let the vessel be ready,
Let bestowal begin,
Till the Shochen and Shechina
Are dwelling within.
No more exile.
No more disgust.
Raise the Shechina—
Raise Her from the dust.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments here.
as a poet my aim is to raise an emotion
did it?
Thank You for visiting