When His Face Is Hidden



When every road I walk turns wrong,  

And every night seems twice as long,  

When debts come knocking at my door,  

And life demands a little more.


When friends turn cold and hopes decay,  

And everything I build gives way,  

When all my efforts end in pain,  

And every loss becomes my gain.


I search for goodness in the night,  

But cannot find it in my sight,  

I know that You control it all,  

Yet still I stumble, still I fall.


I will not blame some twist of fate,  

Or curse the burdens of my state,  

For even when Your Face I lack,  

I know I'm looking at Your back.


But through my friends I make my plea,  

Correct the heart that lives in me,  

Not for the pain to disappear,  

But that Your goodness may appear.


And if tomorrow brings the same,  

I'll hold the greatness of Your Name,  

Until our hearts unite as one,  

And what was hidden meets the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.
as a poet my aim is to raise an emotion
did it?
Thank You for visiting

# When Even His Shadow Disappears

*By William S. Becker* I prayed with all the strength I knew,   Yet nothing changed, no light came through.   I gave my heart, I gave my all...